Labrador Mountain Ski Club
A not-for-profit junior racing alpine ski program that has been
educating and training ski racers for almost 40 years.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Kerrie Nesbitt-Wormer email@example.com
Racing is important to our members but our focus
is on developing fundamental skills. We believe
that you have to be a great skier in order to
become a good racer.
At the younger developmental level our
program spends much more time free skiing
and working on technique than on running gates.
As the athlete’s ability progresses competition can
then become a focus. We firmly believe that this
philosophy produces better skiers, better racers and
young people who develop a life-long love of the sport.
The Club’s development and racing programs are very
popular and age groups are limited in size. Waiting lists
are not uncommon at LMSC, so early registration to join is
Our Goals Are To
• Have fun • Develop strong skiing fundamentals
• Teach basic racing tactics of competition skiing
• Familiarize racers with the system, rules and
responsibilities of sanctioning organizations such as
the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA),
and the New York State Ski Racing Association (NYSSRA)
• Promote high levels of ethics and competitive fair play
• Teach the value and methods of physical training and diet
• Introduce goal setting and achievement in a positive
• Promote the enjoyment and personal rewards
that skiing and sports can offer